Submitter

File Information

• Submitted: Mar 26 2011 12:28 AM
  • Last Updated: Dec 05 2012 03:13 AM
  • File Size: 87.55K
  • Views: 38194
  • Downloads: 721

Previous Versions

• 24 Nov 2012 Download (JG32 / JG33) Forum Spammer IP & Email Check via stopforumspam 2.1.4

Download (JG32 / JG33 / JG34) Forum Spammer IP & Email Check via stopforumspam 2.1.5

* * * * * 10 Votes
stop forum spam prevent spam spam block spam

Screenshots
Tested and working with IP.Board 3.4

Adds a check during registration submission that checks the registers IP  address and email address against a known list of spammer IP's and  emails from stopforumspam.com.  If it returns true for a spamming IP or  email the registration is declined and the IP  and email address can be  added to IPB's ban filters.  Whitelist and blocked registration has been added since conversion to an app.

Features:
  • Uses IPB built in functions to query Stop Forum Spam
  • Matched spam registrations can be added to IPB ban filter
  • Report spammers directly from ACP with evidence
  • Ability to whitelist IP's and Email addresses
  • Page showing the registrations that have been blocked
  • Graphs showing amount of spammers blocked per month
  • Email notification of blocked registrations
Extras:
There is an extras folder in this release that has a hook requested by Extreame.  If you run your forum with the normal board stats turned off but want the amount of spammers stopped to still show on your board.  Disable or uninstall the hook that installs with the mod and install the hook in the extras folder.

FURTHER INFORMATION:
The ability to report spammers from the ACP was only added after a lot of discussion with pedigree from SFS.  I have been in contact with him since the first release of this mod when it was still just a hook.  It follows guidelines that he requested.  Any abuse of the ability will lead to you being banned from using SFS.  Please be responsible with this.  It is only available to Admins and is in the ACP.  It uses the memberSync function when using IPB's mark as spammer function.

I will continue to work with him and the changes he is implementing be sure this mod does not cause them any problems.

What's New in Version 2.1.5 (See full changelog)

• Fixed a bug where some users decimals in the confidence score was converted to a comma and would cause a SQL error. This appears to only affect users that used a language other than english.
  • Fixed a bug where that was causing SQL errors when updating stats for the month of December.
  • Added a tools tab where Admins can remove all the blocked registrations from the blocked registrations page at once. This may lead to more tools as the App is built upon.
  • Added section to stats page to show number of queries sent to SFS in the last 24 hours from your server. This will be useful for admins on a shared server that other sites with the same IP could be burning up queries causing your site to hit its daily limit.

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots

I found this mod a here while back and may I say that I find it very useful. cheers!
Since I upgraded my board from 3.2.3 to 3.3.1 I am get a couple of database errors in the ACP, wondered if this is fully compatible with 3.3.x ? :)
To who in here do I send screendump and explanation about some issues with the newest 2.1.1 on a IPS 3.3.4 install..
Does this work for guest posting as well as registrations? We allow people to post without registering but it goes to peer review. However, a lot of spam bots are getting past recaptcha and I want to use this as a way of stopping some of these.
This breaks my board:

PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of sfsBoardStats::boardIndexTemplate() should be compatible with that of skin_boards_4::boardIndexTemplate()

Any idea?

Thanks for the big upgrade, I'm loveing the new app... I got a  "Automatically added by Stop Forum Spam App" shortly after installing with 23 entries for the IP address...

I run a IPB 3.4.5 Board. I'll post if I run into any problems here.

Thanks again for the app..

Thanks. 

What is difference with extras hook and this normal included hook ?

I upload it to public_html with the name "upload" and "uploads" , still doesn't show up for install , running IPB 3.4.5

@Shady

Got the mod installed and everything, it works, the admin panels and such show up, spammers are blocked correctly, but when a user registers, they hit a brick wall with a database driver error.
 Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:20:58 +0000
 Error: 1364 - Field 'sfsMemInfo' doesn't have a default value
 IP Address: xx.x.xxx.xxx - /index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 mySQL query error: INSERT INTO pfields_content (`member_id`) VALUES(10)
I hacked around with the hook and database tables some more and got it to this:
 Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:31:58 +0000
 Error: 1364 - Field 'sfsNextCheck' doesn't have a default value
 IP Address: xx.x.xxx.xxx - /index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 mySQL query error: INSERT INTO pfields_content (`member_id`) VALUES(10)
After that, I gave up and reverted it back to normal.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?

This has problems with the new 3.4.6 ipboard. Registration header errors and fast reply PM errors. IPB said to disable SFS. An update is needed....

Other files you may be interested in ..

0 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2019 Your Company Name